Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Vidya Balan performs lavani on stage to perform ‘Ferrari Ki Sawaari’


 Actress Vidya Balan looked ravishing in a red saree as she joined lavani dancers on stage to perform her latest item number Mala Jau De from ‘Ferrari Ki Sawaari’ live for the audience, on May 25. On public demand, she was asked to repeat the performance.

From a simple girl-next-door in ‘Parineeta’, to the challenging multi-faceted role in ‘Ishqiya’, from re-living the role of South sex siren Silk Smitha in ‘The Dirty Picture’, to the die-hard Vidya Bagchi in ‘Kahaani’, Vidya Balan has done it all.

Next, Vidya tries her hand at shaking it for a lavani item number in forthcoming film ‘Ferrari Ki Sawaari’, but the actress says the act didn’t come easy as she isn’t really a dancer.

“I think I enjoyed this dance a lot. I have enjoyed all the roles I have played, but I didn’t think I would enjoy dancing so much because I am not really a dancer, I have to put in a lot of effort,” said Vidya adding, “But we worked hard, and when I reached the set we went mad dancing.”

Vidya undertook three weeks training with a troupe from Kolhapur before giving the final Lavani shot.  When asked who her inspiration was for lavani songs, Vidya said: “Madhuri Dixit of course. I really liked Madhuri’s song in ‘Sailaab’ and ‘Sangeet’. I also admire Smita Patil in ‘Bhoomika’.”


Your Ad Here


Loading

No comments:

Post a Comment