Thursday, August 19, 2010

Mika Singh creates history in Australia




Mika  Singh created a new record by being the only Indian to sing in front of 25,000 people at the Sydney Olympic stadium in Australiab on August 15. This was Mika's solo performance for the special Indian Independence Day celebrations in the country.

Mika  was overwhelmed with the response to his hit numbers that included ‘Ae Ganpat’, ‘Dil mein baji guitar’, ‘Mauja he mauja’, ‘Ibn-e-Batuta’, ‘Tell me Something’ and his latest hit ‘Apni Toh Jaise Taise’. The crowd consisted of Indians, Pakistanis, Bangladeshis and local Australians from cities near Sydney.

Mika said, "It's great to receive so much love from so many people and I am very touched to see them turn out in such large numbers to hear me sing. I am so glad that I could make them enjoy their evening and go back home with a smile on their faces! It's not everyday that one gets such an amazing crowd to sing to and I hope to repeat this in India soon.”




Your Ad Here

No comments:

Post a Comment