Wednesday, March 9, 2011

George Michael’s new album influenced by sexuality


Singer George Michael has revealed that his new album has been influenced by ‘club music and his sexuality’. He believes the openness of his new songs is similar to those featured on his 1987 classic album ‘Faith’, but with a more uptempo sound as he wants to stay true to his sexuality.

‘Somebody said to me, ‘This album is going to be like a more electronic ‘Faith’, because your writing with that directness again.’ I think there’s a lot more joy to put in the writing this time around. Since I’ve been out as a gay man, house music has been more of an influence in my life.

So ultimately as a gay man, you don’t really stop listening to club music as early as straight people do and I wanted the album to reflect that,’ George said.

The ‘True Faith’ singer also admitted he likes experimenting with his music.




Your Ad Here

No comments:

Post a Comment