Sunday, March 18, 2012

Akshay to do a Khiladi act after 12 years


 For Khiladi Akshay Kumar, returning to the signature series with the same title after more than a decade, is a deja vu moment.

The actor is returning to the Khiladi series through Khiladi 786, twelve years after he had played a con man in Khiladi 420 in 2000.

"It (Khiladi) is a title for me. Wherever I go people call me Khiladi. I have always been referred to as Khiladi (sic)," the actor said.

Khiladi 786 is an upcoming action comedy film directed by Ashish R Mohan starring Ileana D'Cruz, Paresh Rawal and Himesh Reshammiya.

"It has been 12 years that I haven't done that kindof a film.I think the role it was written for me... I am happy to be doing action films again," Akshay said.

The 44-year-old began his acting career with action films but later took a break to dabble mainly in comedy.

The actor earned the nickname of 'Khiladi' for his action-romantic-comedy films like Khiladi (1992), Main Khiladi Tu Anari (1993), Sabse Bada Khiladi (1995), Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi (1996), Mr and Mrs Khiladi (1997), International Khiladi (1999) and Khiladi 420 (2000).


Your Ad Here


Loading

No comments:

Post a Comment