Sunday, September 2, 2012

Vipul Mehta from Amritsar wins ‘Indian Idol 6’


 Vipul Mehta from Amritsar emerged as a winner for the sixth season of ‘Indian Idol’. He won the title by beating Devendra Pal Singh, 17, and Amit Kumar, 20. The competition was tough as three of them are equally talented.

The winner, Vipul Mehta won a cash prize of Rs.50 lakh from Sony channel, a Nissan Micra car, a Suzuki Hayate bike, Rs.3 lakh from Max Life Insurance and a contract to record his own music album.

Kareena Kapoor who came to promote ‘Heroine’ with director Madhur Bhandarkar announced the winner’s name. "I am really very happy. I thank god for bringing me where I stand today. I would like to thank the audience too for supporting me. I am overwhelmed to see my grandfather's dream coming true," said an emotional Mehta after the win.

Vipul also took part in the singing reality show "Voice of India - Season 2" in 2008, but unfortunately he could not make to the final but this time he proved lucky.

It was a star studded night with some stupendous performances from the three noted judges Anu Malik, Salim Merchant, Sunidhi Chauhan and Asha Bhosle.

The team of ‘Barfi’, Ranbir Kapoor, Illeana D’Cruz and Priyanka Chopra also came at the grand finale to promote their film.




Your Ad Here


Loading

No comments:

Post a Comment