Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Riya Sen refuses to shoot item song



 Riya Sen played quite a spilsport on the sets of new director Ishraq Shah’s ‘Ek Bura Aadmi’ when she not only refused to shoot an item song with Arunoday Singh, but also refrained from interacting with the media invited to cover the shooting.

It was a nightmare, says the director. Riya says this is all a publicity gimmick.

Shah recalled: ‘Riya Sen had signed on to do an item song . We had recorded a really zingy song ‘Uchal gayee chamiya kunwaron ke beech mein’. Jayesh Pradhan who did the choreography in ‘Aarakashan’ was supposed to choreograph Riya’s number. Everything was finalised, But then…

‘She claimed she was unwell and could not rehearse for the item song. Then she showed up for just one shot. I agreed since Arunoday had to leave (for a family event in the US). But then she refused to talk to the media.’

The director was left nervous.

‘I’m a new director. This is all very new and embarrassing for me. My producer has suffered losses of at least 70-80 lakh because of this. I don’t know how I will shoot the song now.

‘Arunoday has gone for a month. When he returns he immediately starts shooting for Madhur Bhandarkar’s ‘Heroine’. My mentor Gulzar saab had worked with the great Suchitra Sen. Look at what I had to go through on my birthday with her granddaughter!’ added Shah.

Your Ad Here

No comments:

Post a Comment